so after a very very long journey.. i am finally home. i left athens on the 23rd to fly to london.. then had 13 hours there and flew to dubai and 2 hours there and then to brunei and 13 hours there, then finally arrived in brisbane on the 26th at about the same time i arrived in the airport in athens.. 3 days to get home..
it was insane.. the pic above is of the airport in brunei. it was so small so all there was to do for 13 hours with practically no money is.. sleep. but it was never very good sleep and i woke up every hour wondering what time it was and where i was. It was so weird being without esther, and i was so confused when i realised she was gone..
Now i have been home for nearly 4 days and its all back to normal.. or whatever that is. Its strange i love being here, and i know i have exciting days ahead with this new uni semester, and with work.. but apart of me really misses the freedom you have when travelling.
I miss being able to meet different people, and just chat to them, then say goodbye and take something from them and move on. I miss no knowing what we were going to eat, and that it was always exciting in the mystery. I miss the fact i got to see Gods amazing creation new each day. I miss that i used to expect to see God move in every situation. I miss being able to spend time with Esther.
Esther is such an amazing lady, and it was an honour to travel with her. She is so good at it, and is totally made for this trip. She makes friends so easily, and makes you feel so special when you talk to her. We talked about alot of stuff, and it was great hearing her stories of her life. I loved how free she lives, and how that made me want to live a better life. I didnt really know esti before we met that day in London. I had never hung out with her, just me and her. Then we set out for just over 4 weeks together, to see 12 countries together, and it was amazing. Sure there was times i wanted her to hurry up, but learnt so much from her about taking it slow and not rushing through life (even though she probley didnt know it). I just want to say.. i love that girl. and i hope when she returns in december we can still find time to hang out every know and then.. and have more adventures together.
For now.. i have one little adventure before me.. a trip to melb..
My favourite Jo, has got engaged to this awesome guy Tim. They are an amazing couple and i love them both. I love that Tim is such a rad, honest, compassionate, and genuine guy.. and is very worthy to marry my favourite Joanna Marie. I am so excited to see what lies ahead of them, and honoured to be apart of their lives. Im so excited to party it up at the engagement.. and ready to hit melbourne once again.
So the adventure overseas is over.. but my life isnt. and im very excited to start living here on the coast... and implement some of those lessons i learnt while i was away, in my life here.
I will finish telling the journey from salzburg to home soon.. gotta go read my textbook now..


No comments:
Post a Comment