Thursday, June 5, 2008

i have a purpose



I was told yesterday that my dream, my desire and my purpose in life wasn't what was going to change the world. It hurt..

What I want to do, what I want to be involved in, is I want to work for the Government. I want to write policies, I want to be a political advisor and by doing that change the way we do society..

This man and woman, both Christians, told me if I wanted to change society all I needed to do was pray.

That I dont need to be an advisor to politicians, that by praying God would advise them.. There was no need for human input.

This made me angry (but at the time i didn't voice it..) because God doesn't ask us to just pray. He does ask us to commit things to the Lord but I love what it says in Ephesians. 

Ephesians 4 (The Message)

v 1-3    In light of all this, here's what I want you to do. While I'm locked up here, a prisoner for the Master, I want you to get out there and walk—better yet, run!—on the road God called you to travel. I don't want any of you sitting around on your hands. I don't want anyone strolling off, down some path that goes nowhere. And mark that you do this with humility and discipline—not in fits and starts, but steadily, pouring yourselves out for each other in acts of love, alert at noticing differences and quick at mending fences.

Does that say just pray? NO. That says get out there. Do stuff and God will use you for the good of his Kingdom.

I fully believe in prayer, if i didnt i wouldnt wake up at 5 every monday morning to pray, but I believe in action.

This is my call. This is what i want to do. But most of all what i believe God wants me to do.

When i was 16 someone gave me a word from God. They said, that i would face opposition, that others wouldnt understand, and that it would seem silly BUT keep at it.

I can fully see, looking at those 5 years gone by how that has played out. How people tell me i cant change anything.. How there is no point.

Well i say, watch me. Come on.. Im gonna do it! Cause if i dont, who will?

2 comments:

T'lia said...

I'm watching. And I love the passion I see. :-)

Bruach said...

God created the world by speaking out loud. He used his prophets to speak out loud to his people who wouldn't listen to His subtle voice in their conscience and he used his prophets to act in ways that the people could not ignore. He sent his Son (THE WORD) into the world to speak out loud and it was his action on calvary that speaks the loudest and saves us all from eternal damnation! Jesus prayed and the prophets prayed. We all pray but we don't all act. Go up that hill girl and stick to em!